Schools & Other Professionals
Schools and colleges
Support to LGBT*Q+ young people and their families
We are able to offer support to young LGBT*Q+ people and their families – if you have a young person who thinks this would be useful for them – please ask them to complete the information form below and return it to us, we will then make contact with them – to arrange a ‘hello’ meeting.
We welcome partnerships with schools and colleges that will improve the life experiences and chances for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer or Questioning young people.
We hope that schools will have identified the support and interventions that they feel would be appropriate to address the issues identified in their school/college. Schools and colleges will also be aware of the need for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer and Questioning identities and role models to be visible within the community as a method of challenging prejudice and stereotypes and raising aspirations.
Outreach youth can offer
LGBT*Q+ Awareness Workshops
- typically led as part of PSE or collapsed curriculum days and co-facilitated by LGBT*Q+ young people
LGBT*Q+ groups in School
- supporting the development and running of LGBT*Q+ support groups in schools.
LGBT*Q+ Assemblies & Presentations
- typically delivered to highlight significant LGBT events or dates – and co-facilitated by LGBT*Q+ young people
LGBT*Q+ Youth resources
- posters, flyers, leaflets etc. that can be displayed throughout the school and made available to staff to share with LGBT*Q+ students and/or parents
Activities for LGBT*Q+ events/dates
- information stands or other activities for significant LGBT*Q+ events or dates –such as LGBT*Q+ History Month, National ‘Coming Out’ Day etc.
Information Stalls for School Events
- information stands about Outreach youth at Parents Evenings, Freshers Fairs, other school events/occasions and in the school dining areas during lunchtimes.
Information, advice and guidance for staff about individual LGBT*Q+ students’ wellbeing
- available when required via face-to-face meetings or by telephone.
For further details and costs please contact us via our Contact Form
Last Updated: 19/06/23