Outreach youth BUDDIES
Outreach youth BUDDIES are young LGBT+Q+ people who have been attending Outreach youth LGBT*Q+ youth groups for at least six months and want to offer support to new young people.
A small group of young people worked with staff to design the BUDDIES project.
– their experiences of coming along for the first time,
– what new young people need to know,
– what a BUDDY would do
and what qualities a BUDDY needs.
Young people felt that BUDDIES would
Meet and greet new young people, so that they can feel comfortable in the project.
This would include
– showing new young people round the project
– introducing them to other young people
– explaining about the Facebook page
– making sure the young person is encouraged to come along and take part
We welcome anyone to apply to be a BUDDY
We expect all BUDDIES to attend an initial training sessions and BUDDY meetings through the year.